HELP !!! Parts required Asap PLEASE.

HELP !!! Parts required Asap PLEASE.

Postby Alan » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Hi to all - I am new to this site but do have a new toy - 1974 h2b 750 Kawasaki triple
I have recently purchased this bike a couple of months ago - the bike has been restored to a reasonable stage but is not is not correct for the year - the colour is a very nice purple but not the correct colour for the year also has the slimmer 75 year tank on the bike - all the chrome is in a good condition apart from the front fender - there is a few dents and is twisted - also the chrome work is not that good of quality - this I where I am in need of you help - I have tried all of the normal contacts for use mere mortals but had much success - I am after a new front fender with bracket and in good straight condition also a petrol tank for the correct year 1974 - also in good condition ( I no I am asking a lot) - also not sure on this - is the seat longer or short for the year 74 as the tank on the bike is a 75 and slimmer -my intensions are to correct the bike to the year 1974 - many thanks in advance

Regards Alan

PS I will post a few photos at the weekend when its lighter
Alan

Re: HELP !!! Parts required Asap PLEASE.

Postby Hal » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:33 pm

The 75 tank and seat are the rare ones people search for and are worth somewhat more than the 74 items you want, so you could be quids in.
Yes, the seat length is different to fit each tank shape.
Hal

Postby Nigel S » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:51 am

If I were you I would search Ebay for an H2B tank and seat. As Hal mentions the H2C tank and seat are worth a lot more than the H2B equivalent.
So you should be able to get the items you require and get them all sprayed the correct colour (green or brown) for the sale price of the tank and seat you have.

Replica H2B seat on Ebay for £150
Black H2B tank on Ebay for £240.91
I think you will find a tank for a lot less than that.
Will ask about see who has what for sale in East Anglia.

Good luck.
Ever started something you wish you had'nt !!
Nigel S

Postby RB » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:34 pm

I'd expect to pay less than £100 for a H2b tank
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby Alan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi gents Thank you all for the you help - can you all keep me in mind if you come across any of the parts
Alan

Return to For Sale/Wanted