How much ???

How much ???

Postby H1rider » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:52 pm

Secondhand triple parts prices are getting stupid ! ( In my opinion that is. ) :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KAWASAKI-H1-5 ... 3641.l6368
I must have at least 6 sets of these.... Rick must have at least 50 ?
H1rider

Re: How much ???

Postby RB » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:53 pm

Yep, I have many dozens of them - even found 12 3:1 H2 b/c oil lines . . . . But couldn't sell them so shipped them all out to the States and i'll sell them on Ebay there :)
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby husson73 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:16 am

...the old e bay time when you've got NOS one for $ 10 en Ebay :mrgreen:
was very lonesome but happy as I was a buyer :D :D :D
Jean-Pierre CH.
"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" WS Churchill.
husson73

Postby tartantriple » Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:46 pm

yes, prices are stupid now and great if you are a seller but not for some one who just needs a part to keep it on the road,eh,and not the shiny never used brigade,Im getting fed up of the exploitation of parts,you know who you are,ie,put a post of wanted,a part, to silence,then a face book or utube of look,i have a drawer full of a zillion of what you need,and no,you cant have them,and thats a club member to club member,these bikes are not concord, although it now seems as though the parts left to keep them on the road,and again I say on the road,are being hoarded as like a pension,so,if this is how it is going,Im out,out of this club,out of these bikes,i ride my bikes and dont want to belong to what now seems to be an investment or pension company as opposed to a bike club.

what for me started out as a place to meet,enjoy, have fun with like minded people on our bikes,has changed,biking was, and is about helping out a fellow biker when broken down,need a part,banter,now,not here,its about making money,inflating prices of parts for greed or income,nothing to do with being a club.

A really pissed of tartan,and dont moderate this post,I doubt I will be back,but like to see democracy :cry: :cry: :cry:
tartantriple

Postby olde coney » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:10 am

I for one hope you will be back Andrew, as every one has the right to their own opinion mate ;)
There is a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
olde coney

Postby Tankie » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:42 am

Some people are out to exploit the market selling or buying
It has happened to me over parts I wanted to sell at a reasonable price, and along comes some joe and tells me I should sell to him at next to nothing ! the parts remain under the bench !!
On the buying side there are parts being offered at silly prices ,and some people in the UK side of things who think they are gods and live on a higher plain than most of us owner riders ,
Tankie

Postby husson73 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:25 am

as you know Andrew I don't sell parts but you and others I know can borrow the part if I've got it and give me back when they will find it at a reasonable price.
As you just ride on my triple not an investment :roll:
Jean-Pierre CH.
"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" WS Churchill.
husson73

Postby eman » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:10 am

Andrew I think you are referring to a small minority NOT the majority. Many club members are happy to help others out for free or little reward.
Please don`t tar the good guys with the same brush.
eman

Postby H1rider » Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:23 pm

Well, my post has brought a few comments !
To that end, I've sorted out a set of ( used ) H1 oil feed pipes, the long one has some oil in it from years ago, so will need to be flushed through. The other 2 are clear. I'm asking £20.00 ( for the 3 ), that'll include posting to UK addresses.
Whilst in the garage I found a couple of used early H1 gear change pedals, 13157-004. Either could be used on a daily rider, but would want to be re-chromed for a restoration bike. Asking £10.00 each, including postage as above.
There are more parts, mostly for the early '69 - '71 H1. If there's anything you need, I might be able to help.
If there's no takers, I'll probably get around to putting them on feabay. One day...
H1rider

Postby eman » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:39 pm

Good on you mate for taking the lead perhaps others might follow.
eman

Next

Return to For Sale/Wanted