carb rubber , kick start required

carb rubber , kick start required

Postby RAYH2 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:27 pm

Hi Guys

I'm wondering if anybody makes replica intake rubber 1-3 hose between the air filter and carbs on an H1D-F, also looking for a straight kickstart lever for an H2

Ray
RAYH2

Re: carb rubber , kick start required

Postby RB » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:01 am

You can buy the repro intakes off Z1Enterprises . . . The chances of finding a straight kicker is slim, either get One off a Z750 twin, which looks the same but is stronger, or wrap your existing one i n a pair of old jeans and beat the crap out of it :)
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby e5tyn » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:42 am

Z-Power in UK sell Kawasaki original & repro intake rubber manifold ;)
e5tyn

Postby RAYH2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:32 am

Thanks for the tips, the 500 has been in storage for 5 years and I'm sure I did get a rubber and its in the garage attic , but I ordered one from zp.
Rick I see your homepage of RBs you have moved your bikes to states , are you now full time x pat ?
RAYH2

Postby RAYH2 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:14 pm

Tjhought Id share my H2b, I bought it in 1980, RDG125M, came from Lloyd Bros in Hamilton, Glasgow, where it was owned by the MD of the bike shop, down in Wales, he shipped up to the Hamilton Branch to sell, He had some bits chromed, all those years ago he had the frame stove enamelled like glass, its the best finish I have seen on a frame, everything else is as it came other than I just respoked the wheels which were rusty, which was fun getting the runout down to .3mm both directions for a first timer. It has been sitting since 1985-86 and started no bother after a bit of cleaning out . Just finished getting her cleaned up, new kawa m.c kit, air filter , carb clean etc. Original switch gear removed for refurm as m/c had crystallised and ruined paint, paint etc is original as is seat etc. Bike cost me £1400 second hand in 1980 when it was 6 years old! sio they were almost double their value then from new. Rick gave a picture of it to Dave at Z power years ago , who used it in his original Z power now legends poster, it was fitted with red arrows , which have just been removed and no back mud gaurd was fitted then

The 500 h1e I bought about 5 years back, 100% original with 6 k on clock , she needs a seat cover and tlc., but to original to restore , Im just away to start on her

RAYH2

Postby tallyb » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:46 pm

A very nice matching pair.
tallyb

Return to For Sale/Wanted