Tyre time - NOT Tire time . . .

Tyre time - NOT Tire time . . .

Postby RB » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:03 am

So, I fitted new brake shoes to the front JUST before the snow hit in December, got up to take her for a ride and there was 4 inches of snow on the ground - Now, Mid March and I am reluctantly going to fit the new K87's . . . I battled for an hour to get the front tyre off, I finally realised I'm not 18 any more . . . . wine time, fitting the new front tyre can bloody well wait!! :? (Oh, it snowed last night though as well)
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Re: Tyre time - NOT Tire time . . .

Postby Zedrone » Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:16 am

K87's front and rear?
Zedrone

Postby steve f » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:15 am

you aint been 18 for a long time old man :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
steve f

Postby sam » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:10 pm

Pleased to say I know a local guy who will remove a tyre and fit for £5 :)
I have seen him struggle with my 30 year old tyres. I have used angle grinder in past!
BIG HOUSE HALFWAY UP THE HILL SMELLS OF TWO STROKE
sam

Postby RB » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:35 am

steve f wrote:you aint been 18 for a long time old man :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Wotchu talking about Willis? ? ? . . . . . . I've been 18 FOREVER! . . . Just not right now :?
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby RB » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:41 am

Zedrone wrote:K87's front and rear?

Yep, I "Imported" 20+ NEW tyres from the U.K. last Year for all my "riders" over in the U.S. , I bought them from the U.K's leading Tyre seller, purely because a lot of Tyres in the U.S. can be 3,4 or 5+ Years old when you buy them, and those guys turn over so many tyres that you know they are "fresh" - Just taking the old tyre off, it was rock hard and like plastic, the new Tyre was certainly "grippy" to hold . . . . . and I gave up with trying to fit it 5 mins in :? . . I'll try again in the morning . . . . Or maybe in 30 minutes after half a bottle of wine when I'm "18" again :lol:
RB

Postby H2Herman » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:52 pm

sam wrote:Pleased to say I know a local guy who will remove a tyre and fit for £5 :)
I have seen him struggle with my 30 year old tyres. I have used angle grinder in past!

Smart arse :D :D :D :D :D
LIFE IS AN ILLUSION CAUSED BY A LACK OF ALCOHOL
H2Herman

Postby RB » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:00 pm

Well, it didn't go well . . . Took 3 tubes and a LOT of swearing to get the front tyre on :oops: I really couldn't be arsed to even take the rear wheel out but figured it was now or never! I actually did it the strange way, by leaving the rear sprocket in place - what a bastard of a job that was! . . . . But I didn't want to mess with the exhausts. But, a result, after seeking "advice from facebook friends " I doused the tyre an WD40 and remembered never to get the tyre lever more than verticle and away it went! We are ready for the road . . . . well, Once this current snowstorm gets out of the way :roll:
Image[/url]
Image[/url]
Image[/url]
RB

Postby warehouse1001 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:09 am

RB wrote:Well, it didn't go well . . . Took 3 tubes and a LOT of swearing to get the front tyre on :oops: I really couldn't be arsed to even take the rear wheel out but figured it was now or never! I actually did it the strange way, by leaving the rear sprocket in place - what a bastard of a job that was! . . . . But I didn't want to mess with the exhausts. But, a result, after seeking "advice from facebook friends " I doused the tyre an WD40 and remembered never to get the tyre lever more than verticle and away it went! We are ready for the road . . . . well, Once this current snowstorm gets out of the way :roll:
Image[/url]
Image[/url]
Image[/url]

Hope to see that bike this summer Rick. My insurance kicks in April 1. So as long as it's 50 degrees and dry I'm going riding soon!
warehouse1001

Postby steve f » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:49 am

wow nice restoration was the tyre the last part of the puzzle
steve f

Next

Return to The life and times of a 1969 H1 Barn find . . .