"Barney" is back on the road!

"Barney" is back on the road!

Postby RB » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:20 pm

I was rummaging around in a small box of N.O.S. that I have here in the U.S. and found a Tacho wiring loom for a H1 -I was pretty certain that was the area of the problem so fitted it and her presto! We no have charging!
What did suprise me was when I took out the headlamp screws and there were Two different types, further investigation has revealed that if the headlamp is the early type (for the U.S.) with a bulb fitted, then it appears these do have 2 styles of screw fitted!

The "Barney" was back on the road, roaming around the beautiful Leelanau peninsular.
The front brake is none existant again now . . . . So I have finally got somenew shoes on the way! 8-)
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Re: "Barney" is back on the road!

Postby RB » Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:47 pm

As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby mark b » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:18 pm

I hope you remember which side those headlight screws went in Rick,you know what your memory's like :o
mark b

Postby malc87 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:11 pm

Nice lighthouse :D
malc87

Postby husson73 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:15 am

alway learn 8-)
Jean-Pierre CH.
"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" WS Churchill.
husson73

Postby Aardvark » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:59 pm

Hi Rick
Looking at those two headlight screws, the second looks to be the same as my KH500, so maybe that is a later type screw.

Aardvark
Aardvark

Postby RB » Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Aardvark wrote:Hi Rick
Looking at those two headlight screws, the second looks to be the same as my KH500, so maybe that is a later type screw.

Aardvark

Don't think so, your KH has a definate locating pin on the end (or should have) this screw has a taper on the end
RB

Postby Aardvark » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:59 pm

Yep you are right Rick, got home and had a look.
Aardvark

Postby RB » Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:47 pm

I can't keep off it!!!!! (Would "Barney" be a he or a she ?) - But, TODAY really is the last ride of the Year . ..and then new brakes and maybe Tyres! 8-)
RB

Postby mr crankshaft » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:00 am

mad fooker :lol:
mr crankshaft

Next

Return to The life and times of a 1969 H1 Barn find . . .