H-2A Front Signals/Headlight Ears

H-2A Front Signals/Headlight Ears

Postby Evil-Kawood » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:14 pm

Has anyone had an issue with front signals folding back towards the tank from the wind while riding? Yes,I could file the clamp to give it more clamp,but would prefer to leave them stock if possible. I did replace the rubbers inside the clamps,which didn't help at all. I think the easiest thing to do would be wrap the forks with electrical tape,but there must be a better way?

While I'm at it, the headlight ears have some up and down play,I have some idea's,but am open to other suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Bill
Evil-Kawood

Re: H-2A Front Signals/Headlight Ears

Postby husson73 » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:33 pm

usualy when it happened this means you must screwed them better but in your case should be something else as I suppose was the first thing you did to solve the trouble.
Jean-Pierre CH.
"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" WS Churchill.
husson73

Postby Hal » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Have you got taper bearings in the steering head? These cause the top yoke to sit slightly higher and not squeeze the headlamp ears, so you need a little extra packing to take up the slack that they introduce.
Hal

Postby Evil-Kawood » Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:43 am

Hal wrote:Have you got taper bearings in the steering head? These cause the top yoke to sit slightly higher and not squeeze the headlamp ears, so you need a little extra packing to take up the slack that they introduce.

You got it,I did put in tappered bearings.What do you mean by extra packing?
Evil-Kawood

Postby Hal » Sat Jun 18, 2016 6:45 am

Thinking about it, once you've added the spacers to take up the slack, the small added pressure will probably be enough to stop the signal brackets rotating too.
Hal

Return to RB's section