Its been 10 Weeks! . . .

Its been 10 Weeks! . . .

Postby RB » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:42 pm

Since I left the U.K. the weather has had a severe impact on "life" over here, it's not only hampered travelling but also the logistics of collecting and shipping customers bikes, I've still managed to drive 8,000 miles since I've been here though 8-) Not without it's drama though, shredding a tyre on I75 was not good, in the ice and snow it wasn't pleasant changing it :?
That was on the way down to collect bikes in Florida, once there I also got a chance to stop by at the "Mecum" auctions in Orlando, where they had 3,500 cars up for auction :o . . And some amazing Ones there were too!

The next day, driving back from Orlando a Maclaren passed, I saw it turn into a dealership, I did a double take, the dealers lot was full of Maclarens, Bentleys, Astons Etc Etc . . . I could resist doing a U turn, I just happened to come across a super car "Cruise"! :o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAtIsb9 ... e=youtu.be
What you don't see on the video is the Lambo Avantador flooring it out of the car park and spinning out into a bank! :shock:
Once the cars had gone I walked around the parking lot, 8 McLarens and 5 P1 McLarens, 10 bentleys . . . I fell in love with the pearl green convertible ;)

From Florida at 80 degrees (F) it was a 3 day drive back up North collecting bikes along the way and temperatures dropping by 40 degrees a day, loading these 2 boat anchors in Indiana was bitterly cold :cry: .
Once back at base it was time to hire a bobcat and dig out the snow and try in vain to get hold of the 40foot contains that ha been booked for a Month :evil:
As some of you know, last year the regulations applied by container companies were tightened up, I had to buy special equipment to drain fuel, oil, brake fluid and batteries had to be removed, obviously I complied, then late in the Year it was announced that the major container shipping companies would no longer allow their containers to be use to ship motorcycles as they were "hazardous" further enquiries revealed that the problem was with bikes being shipped unsecured and piled as high as they could in any order using no straps . . . . . after asking around I can only point the accusing finger at a well known company near Stoke on Trent that were clearing out salvage yards and just piling as much as they could into containers without strapping or securing anything :evil: Well, that killed it for the rest of us.

There was a little light at the end of the tunnel as a couple of the smaller container lines after much pleading and photographic evidence of how WE do it agreed to provide a container. But, it was a rigamarole, containers were booked and then I was let down several times, which is VERY awkward for me as I hav to hire in casual labour and when they turn up and the container doesn't I still have to pay them. Finally, it got to the stage where I was grateful for ANY container and instead of the usual High Cube one I got a low cube which is around 8 inches lower, all in all not a good decision, I couldn't load bikes onto a second deck and the boxes I loaded up there were only 2 high, so, thanks to someone else's careless attitude my containers have now gone up 30% and the availability of the correct equipment is now VERY limited, I have enough bikes for another container but will wait for the correct equipment next time. As an aside, 8 years ago I was paying £2,450 door to door from Michigan, the same containers are now nearly £8,500 :o

Image[/url]
Image[/url]
Image[/url]
Image[/url]
Driving around Michigan in the snow throws up some interesting sights:
Michigan traffic jam - Wild Turkeys

Image[/url]
Ice caves on Empire beach (Lake Michigan) - this is normally just a flat beach, sorry about the lousy photo (Mobile Phone)
Image[/url]
Image[/url]
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Re: Its been 10 Weeks! . . .

Postby sam » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:46 am

Good reading. You still like your sunsets.
BIG HOUSE HALFWAY UP THE HILL SMELLS OF TWO STROKE
sam

Postby Hal » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:20 am

Yep - double trouble for me too.

What is that first maroon car. I'm struggling to pin it down? The Countach looks like one of those counterfeit ones - plenty of them about.
Hal

Postby classical » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:01 am

Good and interesting read !! (As I lie here in bed eating crumpets and drinking tea !) :D
classical

Postby olde coney » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:43 am

Hal wrote:Yep - double trouble for me too.

What is that first maroon car. I'm struggling to pin it down? The Countach looks like one of those counterfeit ones - plenty of them about.

I was wondering that too Hal...Noble maybe :?:
There is a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
olde coney

Location: Leyburn, North Yorkshire (via Huddersfield), England

Postby RB » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:01 pm

Image[/url]
Image[/url]
Image[/url]
Image[/url]
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby Hal » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:05 pm

olde coney wrote:

I was wondering that too Hal...Noble maybe :?:

Found it (ta Google) - Saleen S7 Twin Turbo

http://saleens7forsale.com/cars/61/2005-saleen-s7-twin-turbo.htm

Edited:-

Bugger - Bretty beat me to it while I was searching. Anyway, it must be that same car on sale earlier for $550,000 in my link.
Hal

Postby husson73 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:20 pm

nothing can bit a 289 cobra or a Porsche 2.7 RS :mrgreen:
Jean-Pierre CH.
"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" WS Churchill.
husson73

Postby RB » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:52 pm

Just headed out on a 2,000 mile round trip to Minneapolis and then South Dakota ;)
RB

Postby ståle78 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:08 pm

I'll have the Ford GT, please !

ståle78

Next

Return to RB's section