Where were you at first sight

Re: Where were you at first sight

Postby stevestout » Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:47 pm

Might have not been my 1st sighting but always the one i remember.Sitting outside the Willoughby public house in Wollaton, Nottingham, (not old enough to be inside), some bloody idiot on a triple was showing off and pulling a wheelie in car park, got the front wheel in the air ok but car park was not long enough to be able to get the front wheel back down before the wall at the other end, (OUCH) A very well known member on here and will leave it to him to name himself, a bit of a clue for you, still acts like he is 17 as soon as he gets on a triple.
stevestout

Postby mike5ive » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:20 pm

I love it, these are the kind of stories I'd like to see this thread become.
Maybe I or some one of us should start a thread on what is the worst ( or funniest ) crash you have ever seen
by someone riding on a triple......... But ask the persons who happen to respond ( if any ) to please leave out any stories in which the rider had died..........Out of respect.
What do you think, would someone care to start that thread on does one already exist ?
Wile - E - Coyote
Super Genius
mike5ive

Postby husson73 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:14 am

my friend Pierre who was with us at Spa 2012 for H2 anniversary (with Renault Clio diesel ahe had some health troubles and d he couldn't ride a bike at this time) finished a missing braking on his H2A on the 70s inside a truck in garbage , him not the bike, sadly no mobile with camera at this time (he had no trouble and the bike not too much too). :shh
He will possibly come at the southern 2014 on his XJ 900 Yamaha 1984 as he can ride again now and is become a old XJ 900's fan since he discovered they're the cheapest old big bikes you can buy in my country as a good runner :angel (between 500 and 1000 € for a good runner in GC, not runner is 60 to 100 € each; he got one for 600€ just new tyres, oil changed and he has done 6.000 kilometers with on 3 months, a non runner for 60€ with the fork out, and other non runner for the same price wreck on the rear but with a new fork, so with the two he got a second runner for 120 € 8-) ) :mrgreen:
Jean-Pierre CH.
"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" WS Churchill.
husson73

Postby mike5ive » Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:31 am

Above and beyond all else I personally associate my first bike (1971 500) with my youth, My first girlfriend, backyard parties on Friday and Saturday nights in my neighborhood, long hair ( when I used to have hair ) Big Bell Levis. Good old rock-n roll like for instance such as.............Uriah Heap, Blue Oyster Cult, Zeppelin, David Bowie ( spiders from mars ) Jethro Tull, etc.
I want to go back
Wile - E - Coyote
Super Genius
mike5ive

Previous

Return to RB's section