H2c baffles

H2c baffles

Postby bic_bicknell » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:31 pm

Hi,
As part of the shakedown on my newly acquired H2c I took out the baffles tonight to see what was going on. (It's running way too rich). Whoever rebuilt this bike refitted the baffles with the original spec packing which was totally clogged up with oil and crap. I removed this and refitted the baffles so I really think this will make a HUGE difference to running.

Question is that each baffle retaining bolt has a lock washer fitted which I presume is trainspotter spec. All the triples I ever owned back in the early '80's never had this, I would remember! It's something we would have done away with because of the additional hassle.

Should I keep on refitting this or just bin them? They seem like a load of bollox to me!
bic_bicknell

Re: H2c baffles

Postby RB » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:24 pm

Well, technically, your bike will run better with the baffle wadding as it acts as a poor "stinger" - with no wadding the gasses will disperse through the baffle holes.
As to the lock tab, EVERY triple and every exhaust on a triple had that lock washer from the factory ;) Most of us ditched them for a spring washer :up
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Re: H2c baffles

Postby eman » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:51 am

So anoraks take note or your perfect restore won't be perfect. ;) :D
eman

Return to RB's section