Cable routing

Cable routing

Postby bic_bicknell » Sat May 24, 2014 3:14 pm

Is the choke cable meant to route through the wire clip as does the clutch cable? (H2c) It looks like it doesn't have room in the pic but it does.
bic_bicknell

Re: Cable routing

Postby RB » Sat May 24, 2014 7:18 pm

Nope JUST the clutch cable . . . and the clip normally breaks off the mounting anyway :roll:
Interesting way the speedo cable thread has broken :think
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby bic_bicknell » Sat May 24, 2014 11:56 pm

Oh yes. I see that. I will have a look tomorrow and see what's up. Strange place to see damage there, I hadn't noticed it yet. Guess if the cable is still fixed on OK and working then I can live with it but otherwise it's a new cable.

Jeeez, these are the things that you find with a new/old bike and going through the details.
bic_bicknell

Postby bic_bicknell » Sun May 25, 2014 12:01 am

RB. So, in this picture it also shows the damage to the headlight bracket that the bike has sustained some time in the past. What's your view on this? Live with it, get it off and try and straighten it as well as possible or do that and get it all re-plated at the same time?
bic_bicknell

Postby RB » Sun May 25, 2014 7:43 am

bic_bicknell wrote:Oh yes. I see that. I will have a look tomorrow and see what's up. Strange place to see damage there, I hadn't noticed it yet. Guess if the cable is still fixed on OK and working then I can live with it but otherwise it's a new cable.

:shock: On closer inspection, It's actually the mounting nut that is masking off the cable thread :oops: Headlamp ears are nearly always creased, a good metal man will sort them out but it may not really be worth the exepnse :think Choke cable goes through the loop cast into the top yoke :up
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby mark b » Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:40 pm

RB wrote:
bic_bicknell wrote:Oh yes. I see that. I will have a look tomorrow and see what's up. Strange place to see damage there, I hadn't noticed it yet. Guess if the cable is still fixed on OK and working then I can live with it but otherwise it's a new cable.

:shock: On closer inspection, It's actually the mounting nut that is masking off the cable thread :oops: Headlamp ears are nearly always creased, a good metal man will sort them out but it may not really be worth the exepnse :think Choke cable goes through the loop cast into the top yoke :up
should have gone to specsavers :lol:
mark b

Postby Ditchburn12 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:00 pm

Does anyone supply the wire clip for the clutch cable as in the photo, I assume there should be one fitted on an H2B?
Ditchburn12

Return to RB's section