Michigan weather . . .

Re: Michigan weather . . .

Postby twosmoke » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:12 pm

Baxter wrote:Deer hunting is Huge in Texas also but don't feel sorry for the little bastards, they kill more humans than any other animal in the States.

Except for other humans of course.
twosmoke

Postby sam » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:06 pm

twosmoke wrote:
Baxter wrote:Deer hunting is Huge in Texas also but don't feel sorry for the little bastards, they kill more humans than any other animal in the States.

Except for other humans of course.

Sounds like a real widow maker! :shock: :shock:
BIG HOUSE HALFWAY UP THE HILL SMELLS OF TWO STROKE
sam

Postby RB » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:29 pm

You are so right Bill, Unless you have actually been to an area like this you cannot comprehend what a problem it is, I have been here 10 days and seen well over 100 dead at the side of the road hit by cars, in fact just last night on the way home a Volvo had hit one and it had come up over the bonnet and into the screen, whilst the Brits may be against it on "moral" grounds I would assure them that some form of culling is a necessity, if the population didn't do it then the government would have to without ANY doubt. At least EVERY deer that is taken is butchered and keeps the family fed for the winter Months, I don't have a real issue with it, I'll never hunt myself and enjoy feeding the deer but it is vital that the numbers are reduced every winter so that those left have enough food to survive . . . . . So they can trash thousands of cars next year and knock the odd motorcyclist off to an early grave :eh
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby Hal » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:34 pm

They are culled in the Royal Parks here in Blighty to keep their numbers in check.
Hal

Postby olde coney » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 am

If they aren't "kept in check" they simply die of starvation due to lack of natural food and territory..its a cruel fact
There is a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
olde coney

Postby 666rog » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:07 am

You lot are making me hungry :lol:
Manufacturer of the finest quality swarf in the UK.
666rog

Postby Baxter » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:33 pm

My son and I hunted for many years together, they are delicious and there is something primal about being able to put food on the table yourself. It does strike me as odd that people object to hunting on moral terms, unless they are vegan.

And you are so right about other humans, there will probably be more than 1,000 murders in Chicago alone this year, very sad state of affairs.
Fierce Bat Racing
Baxter

Postby mitsui spy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:01 pm

I have no truck whatsoever with anyone that really fancies a Bambi sandwich going out and popping his mother between the eyes. Or for that matter anyone over here that fancies a nice bit a rabbit pie going out and doing the same. What I do have is a problem with anyone who actually enjoys squeezing that trigger and snuffing out a life but I can't help feeling that in most cases the feast comes second to the act. I suppose it's in our DNA unfortunately.
mitsui spy

Postby ja-moo » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:12 pm

Exactly, killing for food, and killing to just kill (sport) are two totally different things................
ja-moo

Postby Leon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:00 am

I totally agree on that James and John
"Just think how stupid the average person is,
and then realize that half of them
are even stupider!"
--George Carlin
Leon

PreviousNext

Return to RB's section