Michigan weather . . .

Michigan weather . . .

Postby RB » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:34 pm

So, we watched the weather forecast and aimed to load the container last Friday, then I realised it was the opening day of deer hunting season and there would be no labour available, it would be difficult for any of us Brits to comprehend just what a HUGE event the first day of Deer season is here, someone from virtually every family is out in the woods at the crack of dawn on the first day, kids 8 yrs and up (boys and girls) most schools are even closed for the first day.
So, I managed to get some labour together of Saturday, it was supposed to rain so I put tarps up, we made a slow start and by 11am had just 5 bikes loaded :down the weather held off and we basked in 58 degree weather :up but with just the 4 of us loading by 7pm I had had enough as it started to rain. I have had a heavy cold all week and decided to dismantle the ramp and shut the container door.

Saturday night there were terrific winds . . followed by torrential rain for hour after hour, a lot of the area was under tornado and flood warnings all Sunday and I was just so thankfully that we shut up shop on Saturday night, Today Monday, I woke up to snow . . . and more snow, it's trying to settle but what a difference 24 hours makes up North In Michigan! :crazy
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Re: Michigan weather . . .

Postby Jackman » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:52 am

I suppose in England a comparable day to opening day of deer season might be an opening day for Fox hunting :mrgreen: tally Ho
Jackman

Postby Scouse » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:27 am

Jackman wrote:I suppose in England a comparable day to opening day of deer season might be an opening day for Fox hunting :mrgreen: tally Ho

fox hunting is illegal in the UK

I for one wouldn't go out and kill just for "sport"

Gary T
Boffin In A Coffin
Scouse

Postby olde coney » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:19 am

Hope you're feeling better soon Rick, take it easy mate ;)
There is a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
olde coney

Location: Leyburn, North Yorkshire (via Huddersfield), England

Postby steve f » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:02 am

Scouse wrote:
Jackman wrote:I suppose in England a comparable day to opening day of deer season might be an opening day for Fox hunting :mrgreen: tally Ho

Gary T

well said idiots think they are tough with a gun in there hand :oops:
steve f

Postby husson73 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:24 am

Scouse wrote:

Gary T

happily Lord Halifax -foreign secretary in 1938 1940- was died before. His nickname -thanks to Churchill- was Holy Fox cause his fondness for High Church services and hunting :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jean-Pierre CH.
"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" WS Churchill.
husson73

Postby Leon » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:27 am

steve f wrote:
Scouse wrote:

Gary T

well said idiots think they are tough with a gun in there hand :oops:

+1 :angel
"Just think how stupid the average person is,
and then realize that half of them
are even stupider!"
--George Carlin
Leon

Postby Jackman » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:42 am

That was a joke ha ha , did not know about the ban on fox hunts, but anyone that has been anywhere in the USA has got to agree that the deer population is way out of hand , a hunting season is totally necessary a fact of life and hunters are not idiots :lol:
Jackman

Postby fnuseless » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:57 pm

Bloody hell Rick i've got your snow too.

no fn Deer though.

Lots of fox's to watch out here in the countryside. :spam :spam :spam
Where is Dick Turpin!!!!!!!!!!!!!
fnuseless

Postby Baxter » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Deer hunting is Huge in Texas also but don't feel sorry for the little bastards, they kill more humans than any other animal in the States.
Fierce Bat Racing
Baxter

Next

Return to RB's section