One of the first B8S Kawasakis

One of the first B8S Kawasakis

Postby GUTS » Tue Jan 21, 2014 7:31 pm

This bike was bought new by my good Friend Jay in 1965 as one of two B8Ss that were the first two bikes his new dealership ever had in my home town. He sold it about 5 years ago for $1500 to a Kawasaki dealer in Iowa. The engine serial on this one is FE8S 00006, and it is in survivor condition, and not too bad either. I used to play on this bike back in the late sixties when I was a kid because it sat outside in a neighbors back yard for a long time till Jay bought it back and then sold it to the fellow in Iowa. Notice that even this early in the production the engine and frame serials were way off. Jay still had the original dealer sale document and gave it with the bike. I could have bought this bike for $50 back in the early 70s but it didn't interest me. :oops: One other thing, the number stamped on the engine of #6 has 5 zeros and the sales document has 4 zeros before the 6.
GUTS

Re: One of the first B8S Kawasakis

Postby Rizingson » Sun May 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Hi, new to the group here, but not old motorcycles!
I just acquired a '65 B8S with engine # 361 and Frame #375, would this be an early B8S with these low numbers? Does anyone have an idea of the numbers produced in the B8 series? Mine runs great but seems to be missing the rear winkers. Also the speedometer in not functioning properly, I've not removed it yet to see if it is repairable however. Do the speedometers of the B8's interchange?

Here's some pics of my B8S as I picked it up yesterday.
Still with the original "Kawasaki Aircraft" badges.
Rizingson

Postby GUTS » Mon May 05, 2014 10:36 pm

Wow, that is a very nice B8S. I think the engine and frame numbers on the B8 series got scrambled around even more than usual because they were using the frames for the B8, the B8T, and the B8S. Notice engine number 6 and the frame is already waayy out of sequence.
GUTS

Postby Classicjapan » Sun May 18, 2014 7:40 pm

what a great find, well done
Classicjapan

Return to Kawasaki B8 Series