1965 B8 restoration, almost there. NOW FINISHED!

Re: 1965 B8 restoration, almost there

Postby GUTS » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:32 pm

Thanks for the good words fellas. The tank is now carrying it's black stripe and everything is hooked up and functional. The seat is at the upholsterer's shop and I still can't find anyone to re-chrome the exhaust pipe, other than that the bike is done.
GUTS

Postby RB » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:21 pm

Whats your location? Maybe I know a chromer ?
O.K. Forget that, Hazen, Nd? I was guessing (wrongly) that with all the guns and ammo lying around that you may have ben Alabama . . . . and I am in Alabama today and would have made the effort to get your pipe and have it chromed for you bcd in the U.K.
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby GUTS » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:05 pm

Actually the PC server we use is in Hazen ND, I'm in SD. I appreciate the thought RB. I sent it along with the rest of the pieces to be chromed and the guy sent it back and told me he couldn't save it. I think he's a wienerhead because he did a crap job on the stuff he did do for me and the pipe looks solid to me. Here is a few more pics without the seat and muffler. I used a red Scotch Bright pad to scuff the chrome after I masked it off and then shot it with self etching primer, then sealer and then two coats of black. I was worried the black would pull off the chrome when I unmasked it but it held great. Here is a pic of the gun collection for you that would like to see it(and yes they are all real and shootable). RBs got more Kawasakis but I bet I have more guns. ;)

Anyway, here's the bike.
GUTS

Postby g6mow » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:55 am

Fantastic work.

I would really like to find B8 for myself, missed out on a beauty last year. Ah well I'll keep looking.
g6mow

Postby Gary557 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:51 pm

g6mow wrote:Fantastic work.

I would really like to find B8 for myself, missed out on a beauty last year. Ah well I'll keep looking.

Simon, knowing you , I have NO doubt you will find one ;)
Gary557

Postby RB » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:52 pm

GUTS wrote: RBs got more Kawasakis but I bet I have more guns. ;)

Holy Crap! - That's an Arsenal! :shock: :shock: :shock:
You have to spend some serious time in the States to realise just how passionate people are about guns, the chances of ever outlawing guns in the U.S. is less than Nil! There are MILLIONS of them, and of course they will get abused and there will be tragedies but outlawing them won't change that :|
Simon, I have a lead on a superb early B8, give me a shout when I get back :up
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby GUTS » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:03 pm

RB, mine has a four digit engine number, 1291, is there any way to guess what year it was made?
GUTS

Postby RB » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:30 pm

yes, write me down the numbers and letters that are on the rims adjacent to the valve stems ;)
RB

Postby g6mow » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:47 pm

RB wrote: Simon, I have a lead on a superb early B8, give me a shout when I get back

:up when are you back
g6mow

Postby Rubbadub » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 pm

Bloody lovely that, those white wall tyres really set it off :up
Rubbadub

PreviousNext

Return to Kawasaki B8 Series