Ouch!

Re: Ouch!

Postby RB » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:34 am

M6NTL wrote:This little faux pas has definitely put a crimp on my Tony Foale Hub Centre H1 project progress... :down

Thank F*ck for that . . . . gives me more time to find those sodding carbs! :up
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby M6NTL » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:08 am

RB wrote:
M6NTL wrote:This little faux pas has definitely put a crimp on my Tony Foale Hub Centre H1 project progress... :down

Ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaa!!!
M6NTL

Postby Jackman » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:35 am

WOW those injury pics are nasty yuk :sick , I did similar in the 80's mangled my right foot , got left turned by a car, the healing process looked worse than the injury my leg from knee down turn black and gross many months later all better mostly, good luck with your recovery:!: and post more trip pics the non wreckage type :idea:
Jackman

Postby RB » Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:35 pm

M6NTL wrote:
RB wrote:

:down
Well, the news isn't good, I've searched EVERYWHERE and nothing :( They cannot have disappeared and I also have some GT750 stuff that has gone missing, I now seriously suspect that I DID ship them last Year and the box with "My Stuff" in got picked up by someone else from the container . . . . I am going to have to make some deeper enquiries - But, we WILL get it sorted out :bang
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby M6NTL » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:36 pm

RB wrote:
M6NTL wrote:
RB wrote:.

:down
Well, the news isn't good, I've searched EVERYWHERE and nothing :( They cannot have disappeared and I also have some GT750 stuff that has gone missing, I now seriously suspect that I DID ship them last Year and the box with "My Stuff" in got picked up by someone else from the container . . . . I am going to have to make some deeper enquiries - But, we WILL get it sorted out :bang

No worries mate, I know you're trying!
Besides, I was at the hospital today - I may yet need further surgery apparently, I'll know in about 3 weeks. Fucking hope I don't, this is grim enough as it is.
I have NO idea when I might get into the garage. I was trying to order a full Powerdynamo ignition system, they want a photo of the cases to be sure I have an H1, and I can't even get in to take a pikky...

:cry:
M6NTL

Postby mitsui spy » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:36 am

Holy shit. That is one smashed up leg. Can I ask a dumb question?
What did it feel like? Painwise. My brother did something similar but has no recollection of the incident.
How long did it take to receive medical attention?

It's 15 years since my brother smashed his leg but the body's ability to recover is amazing. He needed bone grafts as the original bone was too fragmented to mend on its own. Now his leg isn't perfectly straight but he climbs trees, rides bikes, runs and pretty much does everything that he could before.

Best wishes for your recovery.
mitsui spy

Postby M6NTL » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:46 pm

mitsui spy wrote:Holy shit. That is one smashed up leg. Can I ask a dumb question?
What did it feel like? Painwise. My brother did something similar but has no recollection of the incident.
How long did it take to receive medical attention?

It's 15 years since my brother smashed his leg but the body's ability to recover is amazing. He needed bone grafts as the original bone was too fragmented to mend on its own. Now his leg isn't perfectly straight but he climbs trees, rides bikes, runs and pretty much does everything that he could before.

Best wishes for your recovery.

I remember every millisecond of the crash. Wish I didn't TBH.
As I slid into the guard rail, and dragged along it, I remember thinking that something was seriously wrong. I didn't know what at that time, just that there was pain. A lot of pain. This was when my foot caught on one of the posts holding the rail (Armco), my foot snapped off the footpeg, and was turned around to face backwards.
My momentum then put me over the rail (the road was tightly curving to the left, I went to the right over the rail), I snapped the tib and fib again, further up, and this was where the bone came through the skin. I then bounced on the top on my chest. This broke three ribs and dislocated my collar bone. I didn't realise I had done any damage here until I tried to lift myself onto the walker (zimmer frame) at the hospital.
I landed on the ground, and it was when I stopped the out of control moving that the real pain came over me. It was utterly intense. It stopped rational thought. I have never known pain even a fraction as intense.
My friend (on another bike) was trying to talk to me over the Sena intercom we used, he established the channel between us, and was greeted by me howling and screaming in complete agony.
He couldn't find me. The bike was in the road, but I was hidden on the other side of the guard rail. He did find me in short order, did the 911 stuff, and tried to calm me. He said he didn't think anything was broken, and in my delerium I (unbelievably) grabbed my knee and moved it around showing him that the foot was no longer following. How nuts is that.
The ambulance, with paramedics, and glorious Morphine, arrived in only about 15 minutes - they had just finished up at another call just up the road. This was MOST fortuitous, as I was 40 miles from the hospital...

The most pain now is from the foot and ankle - the knee will be a problem when I start physio (consultant says the tibial plateau is as fragile as eggshells).

I'm just focussing on getting back on a bike - eventually...
M6NTL

Postby mitsui spy » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:04 am

Oh that's grim but thanks for the graphic account. I kind of hoped you would say that in the face of such injuries adrenalin kicks in and you don't feel much. We're all in danger of experiencing an accident but I sincerely hope I never ever have to go through anything similar. All the best.
mitsui spy

Previous

Return to Not About Bikes (Inc SmokeyH2's Music)