You REALLY don't know how good we've got it . . .

You REALLY don't know how good we've got it . . .

Postby RB » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:05 pm

Remember 10+ Years ago when we all had £150+ a Month Mobile phone bills? Well, thankfully they are long gone, however, here in the U.S. They are still around and WORSE than we had it.

As an example, my U.S. Mobile with 2 numbers and 10 GIG of data is around £120 a MONTH and it gets worse, I came over to Canada this weekend and had to add a “roaming” package, £30! I assumed that the package included data, WRONG! I checked 2 items on Ebay (aprox 5 mins Internet) then got a text, I had used £30 worth of Internet! I called them and had to add a “data packge” another £30 for 100 mb of data . . not Gb but MB! It would appear that my checking the 2 items used 25Mb of data so I won't be using it again until I get back to the U.S.
This 48 hours trip has cost £60 in extra phone costs alone . . You can now smile when you get your mobile phone bill and appreciate how good we have it in the U.K. Oh, and you still get charged for INCOMING calls here as well!

The flip side is my THREE mobile phone bill, it is £42 a month, the latest phone FREE every Two years (You pay for any new phones here) – My THREE phone also includes a “feel at home” plan so ALL Data AND calls to and from my Moby whilst here come off my existing plan! So, I can call anyone as I do in England or they can call me, and it gets better, I bought a new THREE Plan before I left for £10 a Month, I put the sim card in an old phone and now I have 1,000 Minutes and all the data I want to use over here for £10 a Month
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Re: You REALLY don't know how good we've got it . . .

Postby Jim » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:12 pm

RB wrote:As an example, my U.S. Mobile with 2 numbers and 10 GIG of data is around £120 a MONTH

It sounds like you could get a better deal. I have a monthly pay as you go plan with no-roaming in the US, and pay $12 (US)/month for 250 minutes. For $30/month I can get 1200 minutes. Obviously the details like amount of data needed, roaming in Canada, and the two numbers could change things some, but still...
Jim

Re: You REALLY don't know how good we've got it . . .

Postby M6NTL » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:33 am

Christ!
I've just spent 6 weeks Stateside (was only supposed to be 4, but 2 extra weeks in hospital following emergency surgery to put back together my completely shattered lower right leg, with LOTS of titanium plates, screws, and a rod - courtesy of ploughing into a guard rail in Shady Valley on my Triumph Tiger), I got a Three SIM, £15 a month, with something they call 'feel at home' - 25 Gig of data, unlimited texts, 300 minutes to ANY UK phone - absolutely NO roaming charges whatsoever!!!

Deal of the century!!!

:D
M6NTL

Return to Not About Bikes (Inc SmokeyH2's Music)