My new Mopar

My new Mopar

Postby Lou » Tue May 20, 2014 4:43 am

picked up a new project for Judy and I.
It's ugly but give us 3 years and this bad ass ride is going Canada coast to coast with the odd jaunt down into the US.
she has a 413 (Petty raced this same engine from 1962 to 1965) with a 4 barrel holly on it, 256hp @ 4000.
It will have a low rumble sound to it when i'm done (not into the quiet engine shit) and a corvette style paint job.
she is the airstream of the RV world and getting a total rebuild from top to bottom.
it was running on 5 maybe 6 cylinders when i drove it home and the shot gun blast backfires scared the shit out of a ton of wild life..
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.
Lou

Re: My new Mopar

Postby RB » Tue May 20, 2014 8:25 am

Lou wrote: when i drove it home

:shock: Looks like it has sat in a yard for many a year - - and the brakes weren't frozen on ?
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby husson73 » Tue May 20, 2014 9:42 am

Lou wrote:picked up a new project for Judy and I.
It's ugly but give us 3 years and this bad ass ride is going Canada coast to coast with the odd jaunt down into the US.
she has a 413 (Petty raced this same engine from 1962 to 1965) with a 4 barrel holly on it, 256hp @ 4000.

Petty raced the same engine but not on the same vehicule I guess :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jean-Pierre CH.
"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender" WS Churchill.
husson73

Postby Lou » Tue May 20, 2014 1:03 pm

:shock: Looks like it has sat in a yard for many a year - - and the brakes weren't frozen on ?

8-) 8-)
yes, they were were stuck...the old guy that had it fixed them up before i picked it up.

Petty's team races trucks now...not then :beer

the engine is actually called an RB 413 .
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.
Lou

Postby Jim » Tue May 20, 2014 2:09 pm

Cool, Lou. I'll be interested in what you go through to paint it. I have an old Bluebird that needs paint and it appears to be such a big job I haven't gotten up the energy to even plan how I'd do it. Mine's metal, of course, but still...
Jim

Postby Lou » Tue May 20, 2014 2:24 pm

Hey Jim
yes, its going to be a massive job...i used to be an industrial machine painter as a kid...and with all the boat repair places out here, there are tons of large paint bays.
It will be a long time prepping that body.
Lou

Postby Lou » Wed May 21, 2014 5:38 am

sorry JP I was wrong.

Lou

Return to Not About Bikes (Inc SmokeyH2's Music)