Ride of your life ?

Ride of your life ?

Postby RB » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:03 am

We need to start getting some ideas going here for the “package tour” that will be available next year, the “Ride across America” idea is fading fast for me, having ridden a Triple for just a few days I know how numb an older bum gets . . . and to ride 300+ miles EVERY day could turn into torture rather than pleasure, The “Ride of your life” may be more appropriate - I see a few options.
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Re: Ride of your life ?

Postby malc87 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:20 am

You have more experience than all of us on this so which would be your own option?
I think you have to also take into account the time involved in this as most people in the real world can probably have a maximum of 2 weeks away.
malc87

Postby RB » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:37 pm

With the extremes in weather patterns, a later in the year ride would be best to go South, the BIG problem is that there is SO much to see over here that it would take Months just to cram in a lot of the stuff, personally, and logistically, it would be most beneficial to ride North to South, maybe not even ending up in Miami but veer off to Barbers museum, again it's a 2,000 mile trip so would take 3 weeks to do it comfortably - I don't think we would want to ride more than 300 miles in any One day MAX! - It would be supposed to be a pleasant scenic tour not some manic race down the freeways - obviously the freeways would be quicker but would take a lot of the fun out of it.
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby steve f » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:08 pm

you will have to take a zero of the end of the daily milages for me :oops: :oops: :oops:
steve f

Postby sam » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:30 am

No doubt this one trip can only cover a small area and agree that 200- 300 miles is enough in one day. I would say in three sessions it would still be fine. 1000 miles a week sounds realistic. Triples are only going to cover 100 miles on tank full. Weather needs to be in our favour. I will be involved what ever is chosen. I plan to ride up to Liverpool for TT 200 miles but its not the same loaded up and mainly M1! (not really a fun journey).
BIG HOUSE HALFWAY UP THE HILL SMELLS OF TWO STROKE
sam

Postby H2Herman » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:27 pm

I did cast my votes !!!!!
LIFE IS AN ILLUSION CAUSED BY A LACK OF ALCOHOL
H2Herman

Postby H2Herman » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Well the last post was in April 2012. I call this dream dead... or is it ??? I am still up for it... so come on you old farts, roll up your socks, your biologicaL CLOCK IS TICKIN'...IT WILL BE THE RIDE OF YOUR LIFE.. unless you want to leave your life with regrets and hear youself saying when in a care home: I JUST WISH I HAD DONE THE RIDE OF MY LIFE... BUT TOO LATE NOW ???
LIFE IS AN ILLUSION CAUSED BY A LACK OF ALCOHOL
H2Herman

Postby Wolfie » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:45 pm

Rick, the format we are aiming for on the Andorra trip is to use good fast roads (but not Autoroutes) fairly leisurely to cover ground then spend a couple of days some where nice,which should give the old posteriors a bit of a rest, that may work for 'The Ride of your Life' too.

My own idea is to a little riding around the stopover area, but mostly to do other things visit places, shops, beaches, scenic stuff, architectural stuff, historical stuff, people can wander off and do their own thing so as not to be completely controlled if they want.

The plan is coming together but my biggest problem is trying to get ideas from the posse, asking too many questions means I don't get enough answers, much better I think to take the decision and let them add their piece to it.

2000 miles in a fortnight is easily in reach, our jaunt will cover that and with a little work will reach over 3000.
I used to be a Yorkshire Werewolf, but am alreet nar!
Wolfie

Return to The ride of your life