What`s happened????

General Chat - Moderated

Re: What`s happened????

Postby Aardvark » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:28 am

Goodbye then Kas

See you on the other side.

It seems my time on the forums is limited.

I love the club mag and enjoy reading it from front to back when it arrives, along with books I love holding a real book.

There is always room for the traditional ways, hence why are we riding old motorcycles.

I have said more than I want too, but the future is keeping your own details secret.

Aardvark
Aardvark

Postby olde coney » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:28 am

Aardvark wrote:Goodbye then Kas

See you on the other side.

It seems my time on the forums is limited.

I love the club mag and enjoy reading it from front to back when it arrives, along with books I love holding a real book.

There is always room for the traditional ways, hence why are we riding old motorcycles.

I have said more than I want too, but the future is keeping your own details secret.

Aardvark

Agreed,

I use FB but don't like the personal stuff that people feel a need to post about themselves or family members, I know of a couple of instances where just this kind of action has caused much trouble, so why do it :?:

I do enjoy some things that FB has provided and I do involve myself with them, its called selectivity, a bit like complaining about the content of a T.V programme and not using the 'off' button on a remote :!:

I also read a lot of books on my Kindle, but frequently prefer to read a hardback book or the club magazine, I don't consider that makes me a Luddite ;)
There is a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
olde coney

Location: Leyburn, North Yorkshire (via Huddersfield), England

Postby Hal » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:52 am

Some people enjoy spilling their personal guts onto Facebook, but it isn't obligatory you know. You can participate and be discrete with what you say, not lowering yourself to the lowest denominator - plenty of people do.
Hal

Postby RB » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:48 am

For those of us that are "Far away" I feel its a great way to stay in touch - I have a great many friends that surprisingly, want to know how my life is and now I am somewhat of an exile (?) how things are going Etc Of course, I still phone on my old friends on a somewhat regular basis where we can chat about whats gone wrong health wise in the last Month and how many of our friends have croaked :shock: . . :lol: . . . . . Facebook IS invasive . . FAR more than most of us know . . . But I don't put my dirty laundry on there and I enjoy reading what my old pals are all up to ! 8-)
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby olde coney » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:36 am

RB wrote:For those of us that are "Far away" I feel its a great way to stay in touch - I have a great many friends that surprisingly, want to know how my life is and now I am somewhat of an exile (?) how things are going Etc Of course, I still phone on my old friends on a somewhat regular basis where we can chat about whats gone wrong health wise in the last Month and how many of our friends have croaked :shock: . . :lol: . . . . . Facebook IS invasive . . FAR more than most of us know . . . But I don't put my dirty laundry on there and I enjoy reading what my old pals are all up to ! 8-)

I can relate to your comments about exchanging notes of our aches and pains Rick.................but no matter how shite I feel I always feel that little bit better after we have spoken mate...(will ring soon ) ;)

Now where are my glasses and where did I leave my zimmer ...ooooh ....ouch :lol:
There is a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit
olde coney

Location: Leyburn, North Yorkshire (via Huddersfield), England

Postby RB » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:04 pm

olde coney wrote:I can relate to your comments about exchanging notes of our aches and pains Rick.................but no matter how shite I feel I always feel that little bit better after we have spoken mate.

Wasn't particularly aimed at you Rog :lol: . . . Just in general, I like to know how pals are doing, if it wasn't for Facebook then I would have had no clue that Pete Webb had some treatment for cancer recently, none of our business really but it was heart warming to see how many of our club members reacted to the news and just how much love and good wishes were sent his way, little things like that, I'm sure boosted his will to get better . . . which, thankfully it appears he has done! :) :) :)
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby Scouse » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:24 am

H1rider wrote:
Aardvark wrote:It will be a sad day.

I will have to start to use the facebook club page. I have not done in the past I use this site and the triples club site + Triple parts.

I look every day but do not post much.

Aardvark

Likewise.
I've never done facebook, I think there's just too much personal info out there. No, I don't have anything to hide, I just don't want all and sundry ( that includes companies ) knowing stuff about me.

Just don't put that information on Facebook, set your account to private, you can even choose who of your friends see your posts
Facebook is the only place I know that you can have friends from say Japan, they post a picture of a triple and a load of writing in Japanese, you hit a translate button and it changes it to English, it's not perfect, but you can understand what the poster is saying, hell you can even reply and the poster can translate your reply.
All of a sudden your friends with a triple guy in Japan, then his mates see your into triples,so they send you a friends request, you're now sat at home watching pictures and videos of a bunch of Japanese guys out riding their bikes, with no language barrier, even though you don't speak the same language
Oh you can go live on Facebook, so at the North West rally, I went live and walked around the bikes lined up for judging, people from Canada, America, The Netherlands logged on to watch me walk around the site
The video is still available on Facebook and people still view it
You just can't do that with forums
I'm not a big fan of Facebook, but I have got back in touch with so many people that I never thought I would see again, some I have actually met back up with in real life, I have found out about gigs and bike shows on there that I didn't know was happening, I not been to motorcycle live But I have seen plenty of pictures and videos this week
The world has shrunk, forums are slowly dieing, a bit like MySpace and Yahoo groups have Facebook will eventually die, when the next big thing comes along
Gary T
Boffin In A Coffin
Scouse

Postby malc87 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:03 am

Scouse wrote:
H1rider wrote:
Aardvark wrote: Facebook will eventually die, when the next big thing comes along
Gary T

And hopefully it will be my son Michael who causes it.
He is currently developing the next BIG thing ;)
The reality is if he succeeds, no WHEN he succeeds is facebook will simply buy them out just like they bought whatsapp, instagram etc.
They have put £1000,s into it already giving away small portions of the company as it grows to investors who believe in it.
I have the app on my phone and cant believe how far he has already got with it all winning award after award for it at various events.
They now have a consortium of people lined up about to put a million pounds into it for a 30% stakein the company.
WATCH THIS SPACE. :D
malc87

Postby eman » Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:50 am

I love it, hope it works out well for your son.
eman

Postby mitsui spy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:31 pm

When I left school my old man told me there was a vacancy at his place for a computer programmer. It was mine if I wanted it. "Nah" I told him wisely "It'll never come to much." So I went off and became an engineer. What a fuckin knobhead.
mitsui spy

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat