Ni Hao - when west meets east

EVERY message board has a "Boxing Ring". . here is a forum where you can say what you want about who you want . . . or just rant in general

Ni Hao - when west meets east

Postby crazy angel » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:08 am

Thought I'd share my experience of this week - met a chinese supplier that I have been dealing with for the last 6 years for the first time.
Communication over the years between us has been by email, text and the occasional phone call, and I must say his english has been a lot better than my chinese, I have learnt a little bit tho :D

Email recieved - Alison I come to the UK to see you - he gave me 4 days notice. No problem I said look forward to meeting you - memo to staff - get some grey's tea in...

Robin as he likes to call himself (they adopt westernised names) duly arrived. I have a presentation video of our company to show to you and your colleagues - lovely I said, linked up laptop to screen and presentation started.

Have a guess at the background music?

John Denver - Annies Song !!!

Well I don't think anyone actually absorbed any of the video as they were sadly singing/humming along or trying to hide their laughter.

Thankfully there wasn't a second video featuring Rhinestone Cowboy or Mr. Chow's lift song from Hangover 2 (Jim Croce for those too young to remember) albeit Jim Croce imo would of been 100% better :D

On the bright side me and Harv have been invited to vacation there next year - I've always wanted to walk on the great wall of china, but not to the tunes of John Denver I might add; and I was disappointed to learn he hadn't a clue what a Kawasaki H2 was and he said that motorbikes are not prominent where he is in China as there are too many cars on the roads. They like to export them though :|

Zai Jian ;)
crazy angel

Re: Ni Hao - when west meets east

Postby Wolfie » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:59 am

Al.. I thought the punchline was gonna be, him being president of the Chinese Triples Club (Lick Blett)..

Have a great holiday though, don't forget the camera.
I used to be a Yorkshire Werewolf, but am alreet nar!
Wolfie

Postby 71 H2 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:27 pm

Wolfie wrote: ....being president of the Chinese Triples Club (Lick Blett)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :clap :clap :clap

Made me laugh!
71 H2

Postby ja-moo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:53 pm

Now that's funny.......... :lol: :lol: :lol:
ja-moo

Postby Rubbadub » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:57 am

been to Shanghai, tell you what, we will be in trouble if they ever learn how to make stuff.......
Rubbadub

Postby connorsracing » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:28 pm

AMAZING!! I googled 'Lick Blett'.....

You were lite Wolfie!!!

CDN Gary
connorsracing

Return to Speakers Corner . .