Brrrrrr . . . .

After 30 years of being involved with Kawasaki Triples, running the owners club for 25 years I have met some GREAT guys along the way . . here are a few . .

Brrrrrr . . . .

Postby RB » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:17 pm

I sat on the runway at Traverse City last night (albeit in a plane) they de-iced, and de-iced again then gave up until the snowstorm stopped, out of the corner of my eye I caught glimpse of a 60 foot blur of snow as a HUGE snowplough blitzed the main runway, I swear the thing was doing 60MPH+! :shock:
You can just see it entering the frame here on the right

300 miles South in Detroit there was NO snow :shock: - I arrived back this afternoon to a positively balmy U.K. :up

O.K. I found it, clears a MINIMUM of 6,000 tons and hour! :o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0zSX4gO ... XrTQoybBWA
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Re: Brrrrrr . . . .

Postby sam » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:55 pm

Yes 8 degrees today in London.
BIG HOUSE HALFWAY UP THE HILL SMELLS OF TWO STROKE
sam

Postby H2Herman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:01 pm

The Wausau-Everest snow blower is way to small for runway clearing due to its small working width. I bet you a dollar that what you saw was an Overaasen TV1360 or TV2000. Top speed 60km/h and clearing capacity of 10000 tons/h.
LIFE IS AN ILLUSION CAUSED BY A LACK OF ALCOHOL
H2Herman

Postby Jackman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:22 pm

It would un nerve me to be in a plane that they are de-icing the wings in a blizzard, RB you have nerves of steel :up
Jackman

Postby RB » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:10 pm

H2Herman wrote:The Wausau-Everest snow blower is way to small for runway clearing due to its small working width. I bet you a dollar that what you saw was an Overaasen TV1360 or TV2000. Top speed 60km/h and clearing capacity of 10000 tons/h.

Smart Arse! :roll: I did keep checking into it when I posted that and as we approached the actual runway I saw a machine with a front and back end . . .. . . and a skinny bit inbetween, I did check into it further and found a machine made in England :o That matched the description of what I saw, and it DID have brush mounted which made a LOT more sense of why the runway was so well cleared up! :clap
Jackman wrote:It would un nerve me to be in a plane that they are de-icing the wings in a blizzard, RB you have nerves of steel :up

I have to admit, it was a RARE occasion where I was actually concerned about flying ;)
As far as possible be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly and listen to others, even the dull and ignorant, they too have their story. Remember always, there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself.
RB

Postby H2Herman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:15 pm

So this means I owe you one buck :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer :beer
H2Herman

Postby Jackman » Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:47 pm

RB, Michigan a place well known for cold long winters ,England known (I think) for wet drizzly weather why not some place warm dry and comfy :think South West USA maybe, first chance I get Sayonara NY hello some place warm and sunny
Jackman

Postby H2Herman » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:40 pm

Ahhhhaaa... it was a broom sweeper. Then I am certain it must have been an Oshkosh XF.
H2Herman

Postby RB » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:23 pm

H2Herman wrote:Ahhhhaaa... it was a broom sweeper. Then I am certain it must have been an Oshkosh XF.

W.T.F. :eh :eh :eh :eh I always thought that you sold coffee for a living! :bang - I like to think that I am rarely wrong . . . But on this occasion you may be correct :roll: . . . At this moment. all I know is that we approached the runway in a snowstorm, something was creating the biggest, fastest, MESS of clearing snow I ever saw . . . and it was on our runway! Thankfully as we took off I looked down and saw CLEAR concrete . . . .and writing - totally unreal in such a storm :clap :clap :clap :clap ( I live to fight another day ;) )
RB

Postby h1a » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:26 pm

TV2000:
h1a

Return to My life . .